What should I do after the accident?
- File an accident report with the police — this is required by law;
- Record the date, time, and location of the accident;
- Document the event and take pictures before any vehicles are moved;
- Get the contact, license plate number, and insurance information of the other party involved in the car accident;
- Seek medical attention for any injuries you sustained and keep a record of any medical documents acquired;
- Hire an experienced auto accident attorney.
When hiring an attorney, it’s important to take into consideration the areas in which an attorney specializes, as well as their experience and success rate. With my extensive experience in winning compensation for clients who were the victims of auto accidents, I am confident in pursuing a fair and just outcome for your case. I have worked on cases where the victim has needed several surgeries due to injuries sustained from their car crash, and many where settlements were reached before going to trial.
How much can I recover?
The state of Florida follows a “no-fault” insurance system — also known as personal injury protection (PIP). This means the responsible party is only liable for injuries that meet the “serious injury” threshold. If your injuries are not considered serious, your own insurance (specifically your personal injury coverage) should compensate for a certain amount of medical and financial expenses.
In both working with your own insurance company and determining the seriousness of your injuries, it’s best to hire an auto accident attorney. I can help you navigate medical documents to determine the seriousness of the injury, and relieve you from frustrating conversations with insurance representatives.
As someone injured in an auto accident, you are entitled to compensation for your loss. But you should be focused on treating your injuries and recovering. Having to deal with insurance companies, fight for money to cover your medical bills and loss of wages, and sorting through police reports and medical documents will only add to your stress. Let me take care of fighting for compensation for your injuries and financial losses. I have handled cases just like yours. Give me a call or send me an email. I am here to help you.